Friday 11 July 2014

This Weeks Project


I received my new bundle of fabrics from the Blueberry Park Fabric Club recently so thought I'd put them to work straight away. I wasn't sure where I was going or what I was going to make but in true 'me' style just went for it and made it up as I went along. 


I knew I wanted to try to make a wonky star so set about figuring out how to do that....the rest just kind of grew around it. I love how Karen's fabric colours are not always ones I would put together but work so well and make me explore different colour ways. 


Again, I didn't really know which direction I wanted to take with the quilting so just let it happen organically. I quilted into the points of the large and smaller star by machine to let the star stand out from the background then filled the rest in! 


At this point I decided to give hand quilting a bit of a shot, perhaps not my best idea but fun nonetheless. The front looks ok but the back is shall we say, slightly more interesting!!! Nothing a bit of practice won't sort haha.


So here is the finished mini. I like its wonkyness, love the colours and I forgot to add that it is a surprise gift for someone. I spent this morning adding a small label to the back before taking it to the Post office. I'm a bit nervous if it's new owner will like it or not, I hope so, I think it should be to their taste..... Keep your fingers crossed xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment